- monitoring the regulatory framework of the budget process in the municipalities in the implementation of the Republic of Tatarstan, the Federal Law of October 6, 2003 "On General Principles of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation";
- methodological and practical assistance to local governments in the course of the reform of local self-government and intergovernmental relations;
- to monitor the compliance by local governments budget legislation of the Russian Federation, the implementation of measures to improve efficiency in the use of budget funds and an increase in tax and non-tax revenues of local budgets;
- to participate in the preparation of the annual Budget Message of the President of the Republic of Tatarstan State Council of the Republic of Tatarstan to forecast and coordinate with local authorities to determine the source data and the calculation of the targets of local budgets;
- to set up amounts and types of intergovernmental transfers in accordance with the budget legislation of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Tatarstan;
- to analyze local budgets by types of municipalities: revenues, expenses, intergovernmental relations, changes to the approved budget, the dynamics of arrears on payments to the budget, the dynamics of the accounts payable of public institutions.